Sunday, November 18, 2012

I WATCH TOO MUCH TV

This is a plan for a mural I hopefully will get to paint for a television department at a New Orleans College.

What you are looking at is almost three weeks of work; this is counting the prep before the actual final art, making all the drawings of the characters I wanted to include. I originally had 145 drawing wanted to incorporate but page space (and the risk of becoming insane) made me widdle it down to about an hundred (I haven’t counted all the characters yet).

It was great to think of all my favorite TV and film characters I wanted to stick on the two pages… Hanna Barbera characters, Muppets, Disney cartoons, Nicktoons, heck, I even put in Howard the Duck!!!

Yet after all this work I wished I could’ve found place for more. I’m sorely missing Darkwing Duck, transformers, GI Joe, Godzilla, King Kong, Beetlejuice, the Fonz, Laverne and Shirley, Jabber Jaw, The Flintstones and Yogi Bear! I have so many more I had final drawings for but couldn’t squeeze into the spaces. Maybe one day I will find a way to add them all?

Oh, yeah, let’s play a game! See if you can find all 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and all 3 Power Puff Girls! (don’t be overwhelmed, it’s easy!)

Also, look for a few jokes I stuck in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment