Tuesday, April 14, 2015

FIRE AND BLOOD






In honor of the new season of GAME OF THRONES.

Much like the Mother of Dragons this painting rose from the fire too. It was narrowly a complete disaster.

When I’m finished a piece of artwork I usually spray a bit of “Krylon Matte Finish” over the painting. Naturally, I did so here, but, after lightly spaying, a hazy cloudy coat suddenly appeared over the painting. I thought it would go away after it dried. It didn’t. So, I sprayed a heavier coat; it got worst.

I thought it was unsalvageable. Out of desperation I sprayed some “Krylon Workable Fixatif.” It cleared up much of the haze, but unfortunately, a lot of the color pencil detail has seemed to have melted away.

However, I’m happy I saved as much as I could.

This painting is a real Targaryen, she walked out the flames unburned.


Done on 16x20 illustration board with gesso, graphite, color pencils, and acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment