Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Godzilla Power Hour


 
 
 
“Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzooky....”

Hey, there’s a new Godzilla movie in theaters!
To commemorate the release of “Godzilla 2014” I thought I’d pay tribute to one of my favorite renditions of “Big G,” Hanna Barbera’s “THE GODZILLA POWER HOUR, while also paying respect to the classic Godzilla Marvel Comics series. I loved the cartoon and the comics as a little tike who was obsessed with our favorite Japanese atomic breathing lizard.
So, my feelings on the new movie are all-the-round positive! It’s one heck of a spectacle, nearly bordering on the awe factor of “Jurassic Park.”
Pro: It’s a Godzilla movie. I know that sound a little superfluous, but it’s quite surprising. It wasn’t a retelling. Actually, it was more of a continuation of the original series. Surprising, indeed.  
Con: The lack of the classic Godzilla theme music. Sure, the new movie’s monster theme has faint notes that homage the original music; however the immortal theme was sorely missed.
Also: No men in suits… okay, I knew that wasn’t going to happen, but… A boy can dream can’t he?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment